Welcome to my blog! Feel free to ask questions, make comments, or just chat with me about my baking! Love to hear from you!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Peppermint Raspberry Chocolate Oreo Truffles



Well I did what I said I would! I made the Peppermint Raspberry Chocolate Oreo Truffles and they're amazing! I found these truffles on Pinterest.com and knew I had to try them. I got the recipe from Recipe Chart. Since the recipe is already on the website, I'll just post the direction down below. They' re seriously the most simple truffle I've ever seen to make! Even though the recipe calls for Raspberry candy melts, I just used melba sauce/spreadable raspberry jam (smooth, no seeds or chunky fruit pieces) and it worked really well! As I was melting the chocolate chips with heavy cream on a double boiler, I just added a few spoonfuls into it and BAM! Raspberry flavored chocolate!

I will admit I was a little nervous about the peppermint part because I personally, don't really like peppermint candy canes but the crushed pieces are hardly comparable. They're just a taste of crunchy peppermint and I think they're absolutely perfect for these truffles! You should definitely give these a try!!

Directions

1. Finely chop/crush the Oreo cookies

2. Blend the softened cream cheese with the cookie pieces until almost smooth (Because I crushed my cookies by hand in a zip lock baggie with a meat tenderizer, there were some big pieces, but this is OK!)

3. As soon as the cookies and cream cheese are blended, roll into 1-inch balls. (you can chill first if desired. Mine were soft and gooey because I skipped chilling them).

4. After balls are done being rolled, chill for 20 minutes while you melt your chocolate.

5. On a double boiler, melt chocolate and heavy cream together. Add the Raspberry jam/ Melba Sauce/Candy melts. Mix all together until melted and smooth.

6. Coat the truffles and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet tray. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on the tops after you coat them. Then chill in refrigerator until the chocolate is firm.

7. ENJOY!













No comments:

Post a Comment