Welcome to my blog! Feel free to ask questions, make comments, or just chat with me about my baking! Love to hear from you!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ribbon Christmas Tree Ornaments

I love this time of year! I love thinking of creative gifts to give to family and friends. Last Christmas I made cookie mix in a mason jar. Everyone LOVED them. They thought it was such a clever idea and that's pretty much why I did them! They were different and it was a great gift to give away, plus it was homemade! I wish I would've gotten good pictures of them to post on here but unfortunately I didn't.

This year I did something a little different but still homemade. For this Christmas, I'm actually baking all the cookies and giving them away in tins with a ribbon Christmas tree ornament that I made. I didn't come up with this idea but whoever did is a genius! I was on my Aunt's blog, Under the Big Oak Tree and found the ornaments she made last year and I knew I really wanted to give them a try myself. Thanks to Annette at Sunshine Yellow, I got step-by-step on how to make these beautiful tree ornaments. After the first few, it came so easy. After a while of doing a few with green ribbon I already had in my craft drawers, I went to AC Moore's and bought different colored ribbons and beads and mix matched them. Before I knew it, I had about 20 of these! So I decided to give them away as part of my gifts this year! They're great to give away for Christmas gifts to family and friends. I'm even giving them to my co-workers! I know everyone will love them! They're so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment